Biography of a Motivational Speaker
Lieutenant (P.Res) Mark Jennings-Bates is a motivational speaker who brings an infectious and adventurous spirit to his talks each time he is in front of an audience.
As an Armoured Reconnaissance Officer in the Canadian Army Reserves, he trains regularly to be ready to lend a hand in domestic and international operations. Through his role as a Troop Leader, he learns first hand the challenges of motivating others to accomplish difficult tasks and the rigours of precise planning and management.
As a successful entrepreneur he has a varied background. He has owned several businesses across many sectors and has sat on the Board of Directors for many corporations and organisations. He is a Venture Partner with Dutch Oracle, a leading Alternative Investment and Family Office consultancy based in British Columbia.
As a Motivational Speaker, Mark’s exciting and energetic adventure activities, complete with stunning photos and videos, help an audience lean in to his presentations. His self deprecating sense of humour and frequent real life analogies ensure that he adds value to the audience. He typically leaves event organisers excited to talk about a follow up engagement.
In his latest preparations on the heels of a successful aviation Guinness World Record in 2012, Mark is now preparing to be the first person to circumnavigate the world in a Flying Car.
As innovative in his adventures as he is in business, Mark always places himself on the leading edge as a big thinker. He is forced to overcome challenges with the courageous nature of his endeavours.
Accomplishments that help Mark as a Motivational Speaker
Mark has achieved many outstanding results in his endeavours including:
- Accepted as one of the youngest Fellows of the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management
- Two times Western Canada Open Class rally champion
- 2008 Coldwell Banker Ambassador of the Year award
- Half ironman finisher
- Ultramarathon athlete
- Led a successful Guinness World Record team for the worlds longest paramotor expedition
- Summitted the tallest free standing mountain in the world to attempt to fly from the summit in a paraglider
- Offered a driving position with the prestigious Bowler Dakar Rally team
Mark has been featured on: